Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- Settings The submission file is in Open Office, Microsoft Word.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
The manuscript is subject to the Turnitin plagiarism detection software before sending to reviewers.
These instructions below are divided into three sections: (research template, writing references, and instructions for authors), as follows:
- 1. Manuscript Template
- The Manuscript must be written in English only.
- An Abstract should be provided about (200 to 300) words.
- Prepare text using MS Word 2010.
- Paper size: A4, the margins should be 1 cm Top, 2 cm Bottom, 2.5 cm Right and Lift).
- The Page layout should be one column.
- Font type: Times New Roman.
- Manuscript text: 12 point.
- Title: 14 point, bold, centered.
- Authors’ Names: 12 point, bold, centered.
- Author’s affiliations and E-mail : 11 point,
- The manuscript’ main titles such as (abstract, introduction, material, methods of work, results and discussion): 12 point, bold.
- The keywords are written under the Abstract (4-6) keywords.
- The full word "Figure" is used as a heading under the shape or what it represents. Figures should be numbered sequentially through the text Figure 1, and should be referenced in the text as figure 1.
- Tables and shapes are placed in the results in the sequence mentioned, not at the end of the manuscript.
- All numbers are written in the Arabic numerals system (e.g., 1, 2, 3, …. )
- The authors can separate or merge the results with the discussion.
- If any paper exceeded more than 10 journal pages, preferably we reduce the page number to 10 if possible. Or pay more fees for each page exceeding 10.
2 . Writing References
- References are numerated and mentioned as they are appeared in the text, using brackets .
- References are written only in English language with Administrative sciences style.
- 20 % of references are published in the journals indexed by Scopus.
- 50% of references are recent and are within the last five years.
- Our new policy for publishing any accepted paper is to ask author to search Ibn Alhaitham Journal for Pure and Applied Science (IHJPAS), if possible to cite 2-3 published papers. Please view more info at http://jih.uobaghdad.edu.iq/index.php/j
- a) How to reference a journal article in the Administrative Sciences citation style?
Author1 Lastname. A. F.; Author2 Lastname. A. F. Title. Container 2000, Volume, pages Used, doi:DOI.
- Al-Karawi. A.J.M.; Hammood. A.J.; Awad. A.A.; Omar. Ali A.-A. B.; Khudhaier. S.R.; Al-Heetimi D.T.A.; Majeed S.G. Synthesis and mesomorphism behaviour of chalcones and pyrazoles type compounds as photo-luminescent materials. Cryst. 2018, 45, 1603–1619, doi: 10.1080/ 02678292.2018.1446553.
And an in-text citation would look like this: 
- b) Citing a website in Administrative Sciences reference style
Citing a website in Administrative Sciences reference style
Author1 Lastname. A.F.; Author2 Lastname. A.F. Title Available online: https://www.example.com (accessed on Oct.11, 2018).
- P.; Harris. J.D.; Brophy. R.H.; Carey. J.L.; Lattermann. C.; Flanigan. D.C. The effect of smoking on ligament and cartilage surgery in the knee: a systematic review. Am J Sports Med [Internet]. 2012. 40, 12, 287- 298. Available from: http://ajs.sagepub.com/content/40/12/2872 doi: 10.1177/0363546512458223.
- c) How do you cite a book in the Administrative Sciences referencing style?
Last Name, F. N. Title; Editor Last Name, E. F. N., Ed.; Edition.; Publisher: City, 2000; ISBN ISBN.
- Rowling, J. K. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone; 1st ed.; Bloomsbury Publishing Inc: London, 1997; ISBN 0747532699.
And an in-text citation would look like this: 
- d) How do you cite Chapter in a book in the Administrative Sciences referencing style?
Last Name, F. N. number of chapter. Title; Editor Last Name, E. F. N., Ed.; Edition.; Publisher: City, 2000; ISBN.
- Speroff, L.; Fritz, M.A. Chapter 29. Clinical gynecologic endocrinology and infertility. 7th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Endometriosis. c2005, p. 1103-1133.
- c) Thesis
- Author Surname, Author Initial. Title of thesis. Unpublished thesis type [format]. University: Location of University, country. year.
- Tawfiq, L.N.M. Design and Training Artificial Neural Network for Solving Differential Equation. Ph.D.Thesis. University of Baghdad. 2004.
- Author Surname, Author Initial. Title of thesis. Publisher: Place of publication. Year, doi.
- Hansen, V. Manufacturing Properties Orientations, C. Master ’ S Thesis. 2015, doi:10.1177/0739456X9401300405.
For more details please view more info at:
- Instructions for Authors
- Manuscript is sent using Submission system in the journal web site.
- The manuscript is subject to the Turnitin plagiarism detection software before sending to reviewers.
- The referenced facts adopted in the manuscript should not be taken from arbitrary Internet sites, but only those that rely on research published in international or local journals, books, dissertations and thesis.
- The research undertaking and submission request forms (available in the Author Guidelines section) should be completed formally and submitted before any action taken by the journal.
- The amount of (125,000) Iraqi Dinars for publication fees after acceptance of the manuscript.
- Submission fees and publication fees are dropped for the first manuscript published for foreign authors.
- The author must incorporate revisions required by referees within a maximum period of one month; however, final copy of manuscript should be viewed and approved by author within a period of three days maximum.
The author/s should be declared if any, national or international organizations explicitly cover such fees for articles originated in funded research projects. If it is not announced by the author/s and if the grant authorities have a conflicting, in this case the manuscript will be rejected in any process of publishing while if the paper published in this case the journal marked on the paper by "retracted "
Ibn Al-Haitham Journal for Pure & Applied Science
College of Education for Pure Science Ibn AI-Haitham
University of Baghdad
Al-Adhamiyah / Baghdad P.O. Box
Web site: http://jih.uobaghdad.edu.iq/index.php/j
E-mail: [email protected]