The manuscript is subject to the Turnitin plagiarism detection software before sending to reviewers.
These instructions below are divided into three sections: (research template, writing references, and instructions for authors), as follows:
1. Manuscript Template
- The Manuscript must be written in English only.
- An Abstract should be provided of about (150 to 300) words.
- Prepare text using MS Word 2016 and above.
- Paper size: A4, the margins should be 1 cm Top, 2 cm Bottom, 2.5 cm Right and Lift).
- The Page layout should be one column.
- Font type: Times New Roman.
- Manuscript text: 12 points.
- Title: 14 points, bold, centered.
- Authors Names: 12 points, bold, centered.
- Authors affiliations and E-mail : 11 points,
- The manuscript main titles such as (abstract, introduction, material, methods of work, results and discussion): 12 points, bold.
- The keywords are written under the Abstract (4-6) keywords.
- The full word "Figure" is used as a heading under the shape or what it represents. Figures should be numbered sequentially through the text Figure 1, and should be referenced in the text as figure 1.
- Tables and shapes are placed in the results in the sequence mentioned, not at the end of the manuscript.
- All numbers are written in the Arabic numerals system (e.g. 1, 2, 3, ... ,15 )
- The authors can separate or merge the results with the discussion.
- If any paper exceeded 10 journal pages, preferably we reduce it to 10 if possible, or extra fees should be paid.
2 . Writing References (IHJPAS uses Administrative Sciences citation style)
- References are numerated and mentioned as they are appeared in the text, using brackets .
- References are written only in the English language with an Administrative sciences style.
- 20 % of references are published in the journals indexed by Scopus.
- 50% of references are recent and are within the last five years.
- We ask author to search Ibn Al-Haitham Journal for Pure and Applied Sciences (IHJPAS).
The information below shows the citation process (Administrative Sciences):-
A journal article with 1 author
- Goymer, P. Biodiversity: Leaping Lizards. Nature 2014, 513, 492.
A journal article with 2 authors
- Weiner, S.; Addadi, L. Biomineralization. At the Cutting Edge. Science 2002, 298, 375–376.
A journal article with 3 authors
- Chait, R.; Craney, A.; Kishony, R. Antibiotic Interactions That Select against Resistance. Nature 2007, 446, 668–671.
A journal article with 4 or more authors
- Omta, A.W.; Kropman, M.F.; Woutersen, S.; Bakker, H.J. Negligible Effect of Ions on the Hydrogen-Bond Structure in Liquid Water. Science 2003, 301, 347–349.
Books and book chapters
Here are examples of references for authored and edited books as well as book chapters.
An authored book
- Stocker, A.A. Analog VLSI Circuits for the Perception of Visual Motion; John Wiley & Sons, Ltd: Chichester, UK, 2006; ISBN 9780470034897.
An edited book
- Härdle, W.K. Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis; Simar, L., Ed.; 3rd ed. 2012.; Springer: Berlin, Heidelberg, 2012; ISBN 9783642172281.
A chapter in an edited book
- Hadjiona, M.; Georgiou, C.; Papa, M.; Vassiliou, V. A Hybrid Fault-Tolerant Algorithm for MPLS Networks. In Wired/Wireless Internet Communications: 6th International Conference, WWIC 2008 Tampere, Finland, May 28-30, 2008 Proceedings; Harju, J., Heijenk, G., Langendörfer, P., Siris, V.A., Eds.; Lecture Notes in Computer Science; Springer: Berlin, Heidelberg, 2008; pp. 41–52 ISBN 9783540688051.
Sometimes references to websites should appear directly in the text rather than in the bibliography. Refer to the Instructions to authors for Administrative Sciences.
- Davis, J. Source Of Antarctica’s Mysterious “Blood Falls” Discovered Available online: https://www.iflscience.com/environment/source-antarcticas-blood-falls-discovered/ (accessed on 30 October 2018).
This example shows the general structure used for government reports, technical reports, and scientific reports. If you can't locate the report number then it might be better to cite the report as a book. For reports, it is usually not individual people that are credited as authors, but a governmental department or agency like "U. S. Food and Drug Administration" or "National Cancer Institute".
- Government Accountability Office [Comments on NASA Employee’s Proposed Work Schedule]; U.S. Government Printing Office: Washington, DC, 1995;
Theses and dissertations
Theses including Ph.D. dissertations, Master's theses, or Bachelor theses follow the basic format outlined below.
- Slade, M.R. The Adaptive Nature of Organizational Silence: A Cybernetic Exploration of the Hidden Factory. Doctoral dissertation, George Washington University: Washington, DC, 2008.
Unlike scholarly journals, newspapers do not usually have a volume and issue number. Instead, the full date and page number is required for a correct reference.
New York Times article
- Walsh, M.W.; Story, L. U.S. Inquiry Said to Focus On a Fund In California. New York Times 2011, B1.
References should be cited in the text by sequential numbers in square brackets:
This sentence cites one reference .
This sentence cites two references [1,2].
This sentence cites four references [1–4].
For more details please view more info at:
3. Instructions for Authors
- Manuscript is sent using the Submission system on the journal website.
- The manuscript is subject to the Turnitin plagiarism detection software before sending to reviewers.
- The referenced facts adopted in the manuscript should not be taken from arbitrary Internet sites, but only those that rely on research published in international or local journals, books, dissertations and thesis.
- The research undertaking and submission request forms (available in the Author Guidelines section) should be completed formally and submitted before any action is taken by the journal.
- The amount of (125,000) Iraqi Dinars for publication fees after acceptance of the manuscript.
- Submission fees and publication fees are dropped for the first manuscript published for foreign authors.
- The author must incorporate revisions required by referees within a maximum period of one month; however, the final copy of the manuscript should be viewed and approved by the author within three days maximum.
- The author/s should be declared if any, national or international organizations explicitly cover such fees for articles originated in funded research projects. If it is not announced by the author/s and if the grant authorities have a conflicting, in this case, the manuscript will be rejected in any process of publishing while if the paper is published in this case the journal marked on the paper by "retracted ".
Prof.Dr.Nahla A. Al-Bakri
Ibn Al-Haitham Journal for Pure and Applied Sciences
College of Education for Pure Science / Ibn AI-Haitham
University of Baghdad
Al-Adhamiyah / Baghdad P.O. Box
Web site: http://jih.uobaghdad.edu.iq/index.php/j
E-mail: [email protected]